Friday, November 5, 2010

Whether this weather or that weather

I grew up "Up North" but I'm not one of those Florida transplants that complains about the heat.  I came here on purpose.  I kinda like the heat.  As long as there's a body of water or an AC close by, the heat is really OK with me!  At my age I should know better, but I also like to be tan.  Not enough to bake in an electric tanner like I did in my , um, earlier youth, but enough to suffer a little for tan legs that hide such a wide variety of "less then attractive" features that insist on residing there (the "Thigh Master" under my bed is a liar!)

Love the summer I do, but when the pool water turns to a chilly 70 degrees I put away my shorts and sundresses and start to look forward to the things of Fall: Open Windows, Fresh Air in the House, Telling the Kids to "Go Play Outside!", Sweaters, Fun Scarves, BOOTS!!!   Yes, sometimes it's all about the shoes!  I do miss the pretty crunchy leaves of the North but not enough to also suffer winter for them.

Winter..Bah!  I get uncomfortable just looking at a picture of it.  The only great thing about winter weather is snow, and that's only fun if you're a kid or on vacation.  My kids, being Florida born, have never experienced a real snow, and I feel for them, I really do.  One day I even hope to be able to afford to bring them somewhere snowy, for vacation, but I sincerely hope I never have to live in a snowy region again.

There is only one other season..here in Florida we call it "Allergy Season".  I have friends who suffer horribly through this and it is the one Northern season I really do miss, up there where they call it "Spring"!

But that's a long way off, or at least it seems to be right now, so today I'm going to throw on some boots, and, being smoke free for a whole day and a half, go outside with the kids and enjoy some fresh air!

Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment